The Mission of APA is to offer opportunities for professional development and personal growth for those called by God to serve as support staff of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). This mission is accomplished by providing continuing education events for certification and occasions for fellowship, worship, and spiritual nurture and prayer at both national and regional meetings as well as seminary sponsored training events. (adopted July 1999)
A request from twelve women attending a Business Administration Course at the Presbyterian School of Christian Education (PSCE) in Richmond, VA laid the groundwork for a professional organization to be created. There was a need and desire for an association for lay employees in the offices of the churches/boards/agencies of the PC(USA) denomination. Thus, the Administrative Personnel Association, PC(USA) was founded in 1976 by Joyce Bauer as the Presbyterian Secretarial Association of the Southern Church (PCUS). Within two years, the UPCUSA church staff was invited to join as they had no similar association.
This Association continues to grow and currently has members across the country in five regions (Atlantic, Heartland, Pacific, Southeast, and Southwest). Annual national and regional conference are held in various locations.
The Administrative Personnel Association has five regions.
- Atlantic Region (Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia)
- Heartland Region (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin)
- Pacific Region (Alaska, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington)
- Southeast Region (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Puerto Rico, Tennessee)
- Southwest Region (Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Wyoming)
Type the content for this section here. This is just example text to show you what it will look like when you enter text content into this section. Your unique, authentic, and appropriate text will be filled into this section. Once you click into this section, you will see the filler text disappear, and you can begin typing your real content. We’ve simply put in filler text in this area. No need to get caught up in the actual content of this body text, we just typed a bunch of meaningless sentences. If you get anything from this text, please understand that this is just example text to give you a feeling for what your real text might look like.