You are invited to attend any Regional or National Conference offered by the Administrative Personnel Association prior to becoming a member. Course hours accumulated will be kept on file for one year from date taken. Within that year, if you become a member, those hours will count toward certification.
- APA Certification Application
- Certification Grant Application (For 2020, the Council for Accreditation and Standards approved a higher grant amount and is limited to one per region.)
- APA Certification Basic "Core" Program
- Certification Handbook
- Certification Record for Continuing Education
- Course Attendance Form
Administrative Personnel Association members, be aware: You must now take a Polity class at least once every three years to maintain your current certification level. The National Council on Accreditation and Standards approved the measure at the 2017 national conference.
The rational was twofold:
- Since knowledge of polity is absolutely critical for personnel service PC(USA) entities, and the Book of Order undergoes revisions every two years, APA members should undergo training on a regular basis to ensure familiarity with the current version.
- This requirement mirrors those for other types of professional certification (i.e. for CPAs, financial managers, teachers, nurses, etc.) for which a minimum amount of continuing education is mandatory for certification maintenance. This reinforces the certification's validity.
The requirement affects certifications only; it has no bearing on individual APA membership; however, as before, certifications are lost if membership lapses. Also, Life Members are not affected, as their certifications are in perpetuity.
National Accreditation and Standards Chairperson
Presbytery of Florida
PO Box 7
Chipley, FL 32428
Atlantic Region (Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia)
New Castle Presbyterian Church
25 E. 2nd Street
New Castle, DE 19720
Presbytery of New York City
475 Riverside Drive #1600
New York, NY 10115
Heartland Region (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin)
United Presbyterian Church
2400 W. Northmoor Road
Peoria, IL 61614
Pacific Region (Alaska, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington)
Spanish Springs Presbyterian Church
4884 Sparks Blvd #102
Sparks, NV 89436
Southeast Region (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Puerto Rico, Tennessee)
Synod of South Atlantic
118 East Monroe Street
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Southwest Region (Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Wyoming)
Presbytery of Tres Rios
1201 W. Wall
Midland, TX 79701